Red Wine Vinaigrette
This classic Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe is super versatile, it only takes a few minutes to whip up, and it always tastes SO delicious!
As many of you may have noticed over the years, there seems to be a bit of a trend with many of the salad (and pasta salad!) recipes here on the blog:
SO many of them are tossed with a red wine vinaigrette. 🙈
What can I say? It’s one of my all-time favorite dressings! It’s ultra quick and easy to whip up. It’s made with ingredients I always have on hand. It’s wildly versatile, and compliments nearly any kind of salad. And it’s consistently so freaking delicious.
Seriously, this is one of those classic recipes in life that I recommend every cook memorize so that you can always have it in your back pocket. And I’m pretty certain that your salads will be all the more delicious for it. 😉
(This post contains affiliate links.)
To make the vinaigrette, simply whisk all of your ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Or — my favorite method — add the ingredients to a mason jar, then cover and give everything a good shake-shake-shake until combined.
I love this classic recipe. But there are endless ways you could also customize it, such as:
- adding in a tablespoon or two of mayo or Greek yogurt to make it creamy
- adding in extra lemon juice to make it really tangy
- adding in some tahini to give it a Mediterranean twist
- adding in some Parmesan, to make it extra cheesy
- swap out the Italian seasoning for chopped fresh herbs, or a different dried seasoning blend
I recommend it on:
- nearly any green salad (such as my Family’s Favorite Salad, Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Salad, or this Arugula Salad with Parmesan and Lemon)
- pasta salads (such as my Mediterranean Pasta Salad, Rainbow Antipasto Pasta Salad, or this Lemony Artichoke Pasta Salad)
- panzanellas (such as my Summer Panzanella)
- as a marinade for grilled chicken, steak, pork or shrimp
- as a sauce to toss with roasted vegetables
Really, you hardly can go wrong with a classic red wine vinaigrette. So here’s my favorite recipe for how to make it!
Red Wine Vinaigrette
This classic Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe is quick and easy to make, super versatile, and totally delicious! Feel free to customize it however you’d like, using the suggestions mentioned in the post above.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings (or dried oregano*)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- (optional: 1 tablespoon honey to sweeten, if desired)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. (Or shake together in a sealed mason jar or bottle until combined.) Add in 1-2 tablespoons honey to taste, if you would like a sweeter dressing.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
*Oregano is a slightly more versatile option here.
**The top photo pictures a double batch of this recipe.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!
Be sure to also check out my other favorite salad dressings!