These salmon fajitas are full of delicious flavor, and are also quick and healthy!
Salmon Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless salmon filets, roughly cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- warm tortillas
- toppings: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges
- In a large bowl or Ziplock bag, combine marinade ingredients. Add the salmon, and toss in the marinade until evenly coated. Cover or seal, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 5 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and jalapeno and saute for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the vegetables all begin to slightly brown on the edges. Add the lime juice and saute for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and marinade, and saute for 3-4 minutes, breaking up the salmon occasionally as it cooks with a spoon or spatula. When the edges begin to look slightly crispy and browned, remove from heat.
- Assemble the fajitas by layering warm tortillas with the salmon, vegetable mixture and desired toppings.
If you buy salmon at the produce counter, ask your butcher to remove the skin for you before bringing the salmon home!