These salmon fajitas are full of delicious flavor, and are also quick and healthy!
Salmon Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless salmon filets, roughly cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- warm tortillas
- toppings: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges
- In a large bowl or Ziplock bag, combine marinade ingredients. Add the salmon, and toss in the marinade until evenly coated. Cover or seal, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 5 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion and jalapeno and saute for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the vegetables all begin to slightly brown on the edges. Add the lime juice and saute for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and marinade, and saute for 3-4 minutes, breaking up the salmon occasionally as it cooks with a spoon or spatula. When the edges begin to look slightly crispy and browned, remove from heat.
- Assemble the fajitas by layering warm tortillas with the salmon, vegetable mixture and desired toppings.
If you buy salmon at the produce counter, ask your butcher to remove the skin for you before bringing the salmon home!
so pretty and my hubs would love these!
I love fajita nights! Fun twist with the salmon!
Oooooh fajitas. One of my faves! Salmon is such a fun twist on them.
What a fun twist on the classic fajita! Never would have thought of this but it makes total sense!
I love fajitas, perfect spin on a classic!
I’ve been to a ton of hole-in-the-wall Mexi places and I can tell you that none of their fajitas looked nearly as tasty as yours! Please, I’m a sucker for salmon :)
This is such a great idea, and I love how quick it is. I’m such a huge fan of salmon!
This looks really good! I love that it has nontraditional fillings!
Love love fish/salmon tacos!! This is definitely a party when fajitas such as these are involved!
I’ve never come across salmon fajitas before until now and I absolutely love it!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen salmon fajitas before – but they sound and look amazing!!
I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know that people make fajitas out of fish. I’m not really a fish fan but these look pretty amazing! And I love how quick it is.
This recipe rocks! I made it shortly after you posted the recipe and just again now – both times it explodes with flavor – great balance of savory and tangy
THis recipe was amazing! IT was so quick to make and super easy too. I made it with shrimp instead and came out perfect!!
The whole family enjoyed these. I made mange salsa and guacamole, too, and the flavor combo was fantastic. I have never fried salmon in pieces, and it was so easy and delicious, and i love the crisp edges. I will use this prep technique in the future for teriyaki salmon too, served with rice and broccoli. Thanks for the tip!!
I wasn’t sure how the kids would like this, but the whole family loved it.