Such a fun, and festive, and versatile idea, you will love this Stained Glass Jello recipe! (You can mix colors for the holidays, or even sports teams, etc.)
- 4 small (3 oz.) boxes of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in different colors (I used two packages each of strawberry and blueberry)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (such as Knox)
- Make a double batch of each flavor of Jello (a double batch using the two boxes of strawberry, and a double batch using the two boxes of blueberry) according to package instructions in two 9×13-inch pans. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Remove the jello and use a knife to cut each batch into small squares (mine were about 1/2-inch). Carefully remove all squares from the pans, then mix and layer the blocks into a new 9×13-inch pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and let it sit for 3 minutes. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve. Stir in the can of condensed milk. Then refrigerate mixture for 20-30 minutes until cooled. Pour cooled milk mixture evenly over jello. If need be, use a toothpick to pop any bubbles that have arisen to the surface (just to make it look smooth). Chill overnight.
- Use a knife to cut the jello into squares, or use cookie cutters to cut into fun shapes. Serve.