A delicious steak and artichoke salad recipe featuring the irresistible and yet lighter blue cheese dressing made with Greek yogurt.
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 6–8 cups mixed greens
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (14 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch each of cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
To Make The Salad:
- Season steak generously on both sides with salt and many grinds of black pepper.
- To cook steak in a skillet or grill pan, heat skillet on medium-high and add olive oil. When oil begins to shimmer, place steak in skillet and do not move it for 5 minutes. Turn it once, and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare. (Cook longer if desired for medium to well-done steak.)
- To cook steak on the grill, grill steak on high heat, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, 4 to 6 minutes total for medium-rare. (Cook longer if desired for medium to well-done steak.)
- Remove steak once cooked and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Cut across the diagonal into thin strips.
- Prepare the salads by layering the greens with the crumbled bacon, artichokes, roasted red peppers and walnuts. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
To Make Blue Cheese Dressing:
- Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Break up larger chunks of blue cheese if necessary.
This would also be a fantastic salad made on the grill! In addition to grilling the steak, try tossing the artichokes, roasted reds, and walnuts in a grill pan and letting them get just a little bit charred. You could also use a wedge of lettuce and pop that on the grill (briefly) as well!
My husbands two favorite things: steak and artichoke hearts! He also loves blue cheese dressing so I know this would be a hit. A great summer meal, thanks for sharing!
This is a great salad, I love when you have a protein filled dish like this because it really fills you up without feeling too heavy.
This is perfect! Love the use of Greek yogurt, I have been using it a lot lately! :)
I love love love artichokes! And that Greek yogurt dressing looks very yummy!
I love steak salads, this looks like a perfect summer dinner!
Absolutely loving this! And I love that pink in the steak!
I can’t even tell you how much I want a salad now.
this makes me want to eat a ton of salad! haha
From a guy’s perspective. :)
I would probably eat the steak hot of the grill with the artichoke/blue cheese salad on the side.
I love artichokes…in anything!
Made this salad with some leftover grilled sirloin tonight — delicious! The blue cheese dressing recipe will be a keeper in our house. Thanks for the post!
That’s so great, Kim! I’m happy you and your family like it!
This was so so good and easy! Husband said this was the best salad I’ve made. Thank you for all the wonderful recipes!