You will love these fresh and yummy Zucchini Waffles recipe. The zucchini leaves the waffles super-moist and delicious!
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1–1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose unbleached flour)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1–1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat waffle maker to 400°F.
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Use a strainer or dishtowel to then squeeze some of the moisture out of the zucchini, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Stir together.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients (the flour mixture), and beat until smooth. Fold in the zucchini and mix well.
- Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray (top and bottom plates). Spread half of the batter evenly over the bottom of the waffle maker (generally about 1/2 cup per waffle), and close the top. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the waffles are as crisp as you like them. (Different waffle making equipment will cook at different rates, so please follow the instructions that come with your machine.) Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot, topped with butter and maple syrup.
These can be made with an electric mixer, but they are also totally easy with just a whisk and a mixing bowl.
Adapted from The Perfect Pantry.