Blue Cheese Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
This past autumn, my friend Megan introduced me to an incredible new appetizer — bacon-wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates.
They call for a whopping 3 ingredients, are super-easy to assemble, and are completely irresistible. I made them for our extended family over the holidays for appetizers, and every single one disappeared before the main course was served. Delish!
You can of course substitute in your favorite soft cheese, but I thought the tangy blue cheese was perfect. And to be honest, I’m not really a “dates” kind of girl, but their subtle sweetness paired perfectly with the salty bacon and cheese. Definitely a fun recipe everyone seems to love.
Give it a go!
Bacon-Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates
- 1 (8 oz.) package of dried, pitted dates (about 30 dates)
- 1 (4 oz.) container crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) package bacon, with the slices cut into thirds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Slice the dates along the side so that they open flat for stuffing. Fill the date with about a teaspoon (more or less) of blue cheese, then wrap it with a slice of bacon so that the blue cheese opening is completely sealed and the bacon overlaps underneath. Seal the stuffed date with a toothpick, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dates.
Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is lightly browned. Remove and serve warm.
Some other variations you can try with this recipe include:
- Sprinkling the bacon with additional brown sugar
- Stuffing the dates with smoked almonds (as well as the cheese)
- Substituting in goat cheese, feta, gorgonzola, or smoked gouda cheese
- Serving the stuffed dates with a red wine reduction for dipping