Pineapple, Mango and Avocado Salsa
So can you tell I’ve had fresh pineapple in the house this week?? :) Couldn’t resist…for $1.99, had to buy at least two!!
After using them to make this fabulous dessert and a smoothie, decided to combine them with two of my other absolute favorite produce section finds to make this salsa! Yep – avocados and mangoes were BOTH fresh, ripe, and on sale this week. Love it!
I actually made this salsa with a friend last week in Denver, and then recreated it when I arrived home. And it has been fantastic! Have already used it atop blackened tilapia, chicken, shrimp lettuce wraps, bruschetta, and of course….just on regular tortilla chips. YUM! (And yes, this recipe makes a large batch!!)
Best of all, it’s colorful and packed with fresh flavor and nutrients. A definite “keeper”!!
Pineapple, Mango & Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored, peeled and diced (mine yielded about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (use more/less to taste)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir until mixed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate covered to store.
If you’re planning to use this over multiple days, I’d recommend preparing the avocado separately (dicing it just before each use). Otherwise, it may brown up on you pretty quickly!