You’ll love this homemade Butterfinger ice cream recipe! So quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%, but whole milk would be creamiest!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- pinch of salt
- 2 Butterfinger bars, crumbled (plus extra for topping, if you’d like)
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar and yolks in a saucepan over medium heat, until the mixture thickens and will coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and whisk in milk, vanilla and salt until combined. Refrigerate mixture for at least an hour or until it has chilled.
- Then process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. About 5 minutes before it is ready, add in the crumbled Butterfingers.
- Remove mixture from ice cream maker, and freeze until it reaches your desired consistency. Serve topped with additional crumbled Butterfingers if you would like.