This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make with just 6 basic ingredients, and always tastes so comforting and delicious!
- 12 ounces ziti
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- optional garnishes: extra Parmesan, fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes
- Prep oven and baking dish. Heat oven to 375°F. Mist a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling water until it is just shy of al dente.
- Mix everything together. Drain and return pasta to the stockpot. Add chicken and marinara sauce and gently toss until combined.
- Layer. Pour half of the pasta into the baking dish and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan, and all of the basil. Layer on the remaining pasta, followed by 1 cup mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Serve warm, sprinkled with any extra garnishes that you would like. Enjoy!