The classic spinach artichoke combination meets…pizza!
- 1 medium unbaked pizza crust, homemade or storebought
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- half of a medium white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely-packed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1–2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- (optional: additional 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush or mist unbaked pizza crust with about 2 Tbsp. olive oil until evenly coated.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and saute for 4-5 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and spread the onion-garlic mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Then layer on the spinach, artichokes and chicken in an even layer, and sprinkle afterwards with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden around the edges. Remove and immediately top with the Parmesan, pine nuts and additional spinach if desired. Serve immediately.
For a creamier pizza, feel free to use alfredo sauce in place of the brushed olive oil.