5-Ingredient Chicken Guacamole Taquitos
I’ve long agreed with Seinfeld that half of the reason salsa is “America’s favorite condiment” is because people just love saying the word. (Sssssssalsa!)
But I’m now thinking the same may be true with taquitos. I mean, why make quesadillas, or enchiladas, or tacos, when you could make taquitoooooos! I mean, who even cares what’s in them. They just sound like a party, right?!
Well of course, who am I kidding, I totally care what’s in them. And I happen to be a big fan of this particular taquitos recipe. First of all, they’re baked and not fried (yet still crispy). They’re pretty quick and easy to prepare (always a plus in my book). And they only call for 5 simple and delicious ingredients.
Can you spot them?
Ok, I know, the title gives it away. We have:
- Cooked, shredded chicken (hint hint: the exact amount from a rotisserie chicken, or I used leftovers from my favorite Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe)
- Shredded cheese (I used Monterrey Jack, but would probably kick it up to PepperJack or Habenero cheese next time)
- Refried beans (I’m a big fan of Old El Paso’s fat-free frijoles)
- Guacamole (can’t beat this recipe)
- Small flour tortillas (for easy rolling, although you could substitute corn tortillas if you’re gluten-free)
Simply line up your filling ingredients inside the tortilla.
Then roll ’em up and bake until crispy. (If you want them to be extra crispy, I recommend misting the tortillas with cooking spray or brushing them with butter before baking.)
See? Perfect for a party.
You can either enjoy them plain…
Or dip them in your favorite salsa or sour cream dip. Either way, your friends and family will thank you.
Taquitoooooooos for the win!
All you need are 5 ingredients to make these tasty chicken guacamole taquitos.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease two large baking sheets generously with cooking spray.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat workspace. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of refried beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla. Then top with 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole, followed by a sprinkle of cheese, topped with a few pieces of chicken. Roll up the tortilla to form the taquito, then place it on the greased baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until all of your taquitos are prepared.
- Mist the tops of the tortillas with baking spray (to make them extra crispy). Then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy.
- Remove and serve immediately.
*The filling will expand as the taquitos bake, so I recommend leaving at least a ½-inch gap between the filling and the edge of the tortilla before baking.
*For extra flavor, feel free to use shredded Pepper Jack cheese or another spicier cheese.
This is a sponsored post with Old El Paso. I am partnering with them to create all sorts of delicious Mexican recipes to share with you this year, and all opinions are my own as always. Thanks for supporting the brands which help make this site possible!