Chicken Enchilada Cups
Yes, yes, I know I’m obsessed with chicken enchiladas. And wonton cup appetizers. But I couldn’t resist sharing one more easy appetizer recipe with you that combines my love of both — these Chicken Enchilada Cups!
That’s right! All of the goodness of chicken enchilada filling is baked inside these cute and crispy wonton cups, making the perfect quick appetizer that is guaranteed to disappear muy rapido at any party! I made this batch simply with chicken, cheese and my favorite homemade enchilada sauce. But you could also add in any additional beans, avocado, cilantro, or whatever else you may love with your chicken enchiladas. They are super quick and easy to make. And they are perfect for Cinco de Mayo, or game day, or a casual party, or even a bridal shower….like the one that a bunch of us are hosting “virtually” today for my friend Julie!
I met Julie in person for the first time this fall when she graciously hosted a group of us traveling to food blogging conference in DC. But I have followed her food blog and her delicious recipes for years. Let me tell you, this girl can cook! And I love her stunning closeup images of the recipes she shares. You should definitely check out all of the great recipes on her site!
So I am happy today to join some fellow food bloggers in celebrating the fact that Miss Table For Two herself is about to get married to, well, the other half of her “two”! I had the chance to meet him when we were in DC, and saw that they definitely make the perfect couple. I am so excited that in a month they will be husband and wife!
So be sure to check out Julie’s blog to wish her happy knot-tying. And I have included a roundup of all the yummy virtual “shower” recipes that our group of bloggers are sharing today.
Chicken Enchilada Cups
Chicken enchiladas go bite-sized!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, homemade http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/red-enchilada-sauce/ or storebought
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- (optional additional ingredients: chopped green chiles, black beans, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Press wonton wrappers into the cups of a mini muffin pan to form “cups”, being sure that the edges to not fold in. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove.
Meanwhile, stir together chicken and enchilada sauce in a mixing bowl until combined. Portion the chicken evenly into the baked wonton cups until they are full. Sprinkle with a pinch of shredded cheese. Then bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. Remove and garnish with sliced green onions.
**If using the optional ingredients, you can either stir them into the chicken and enchilada sauce mixture, or you can use them as additional garnishes.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!
Be sure to check out these other delicious recipes from Julie’s Surprise Bridal Shower!
- PNW Smoked Salmon Crostini | Country Cleaver
- Easy Cappucino Mousse Cups | Rachel Cooks
- Confetti Popcorn | Bake Your Day
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake | Dinners Dishes & Desserts
- Butterscotch Biscoff Chunk Blondies | Chip Chip Hooray
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Purple Buttercream Frosting | Climbing Grier Mountain
- Chocolate Eclairs with White Chocolate Drizzle | Baked By Rachel
- Spring Onion and Parmesan Mini Quiche | London Bakes
- Blueberry Bliss Cocktail for Julie | Carla’s Confections
- Chicken Salad Crostinis | Realistic Nutritionist