The best instructions for a classic, irresistible monkey bread recipe!
- 2 large cans (16 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (be sure that clumps are broken up)
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- (Optional: 1 cup pecan halves or walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan generously with non-stick spray.
- Prepare two dipping bowls. In the first, pour the melted butter. In the second, whisk together the sugars and cinnamon until well-mixed.
- Place the biscuits on a cutting board, and use a large knife to cut them into quarters. Then dip each piece first in the melted butter, then transfer it to the second bowl and roll it in the sugar until well-coated on each side. Then place each piece loosely in the bundt pan. (Don’t press the pieces together — they will expand when baked!) Repeat. If you would like to add in pecans/walnuts, just add them in with the dough at random. Then pour the extra butter over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top springs back when touched. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully invert onto a plate, and serve immediately.
Be sure that your butter stays well-melted and thin during the dipping process. If it begins to cool and thicken, just pop it in the microwave for another 10-15 seconds to warm it up.